Emergency Trip






Today, I went to Tulungagung to take some documents and books which are needed to support our literacy system in realizing the visitation of the ministry to legalize our university, especially for my department, English Education Department. I had interpreted that the weight had to be so heavy because books generally are heavy. I was right. My big suitcase was sooo much heavier than I thought. Thus, I asked for my husband to bring it inside the train. He also brought it from the rail station to the train. Many thanks for my hubby. Because my seat number is 5A, which meant it was sooo far from the gate of the train, then I decided to stand up from Sumbergempol Rail Station to Blitar Rail Station. Thirty minutes spent by standing up wasn't so long for me, instead of pushing the super heavy suitcase in a narrow path which was full of passengers. 


I wasn't alone there. There was an old man, a girl, and some men stood up there. Some officers passed us, then one of them asked us to sit on the available seats. I rejected it then thanked to him. I told him that actually I had a seat, but I preferred to stay there because Blitar Rail Station wasn't so far. Besides, I told him about my super heavy suitcase. He continued his job, that was when the train stopped in a railway, he went out and blew a train flute. 


Time passed. The old man, the girl and I had some conversation. Literally, I just knew that the girl in front of me was a teller of BNI in Lawang City. The old man asked for some questions to the girl which were about finance. I had no idea to join the conversation, then I just nodded or said that the old man knew much about finance. He just smiled and asked about what do I do. I answered that I am teaching. He then told me about his niece who was graduated from UIN Surabaya from education faculty, but she decided to not teaching because of, according to him, she traumatized in teaching vocational high school students of Pantura. I answered that maybe teaching wasn't her passion. 


In a sudden, an officer named Mas Asik of KAI joined us. He asked about finance to the teller. Then they have conversation about that. I sometimes said a little about his attitude that trying to ask for the girl's number. But, I still husnuzan that he needed her help about his assurance in BNI, and no more. After they finished their conversation, I asked for Mas Asik not to leave the free room because I need his help to bring my heavy suitcase. He definitely agreed to help. Then, after that, the train has arrived in Blitar Rail Station. I said good bye to the girl, so the old man. Although it was so short, but 30 minutes spent with standing up didn't feel long because I had some friends in this journey. 


Blitar, 19 November 2023

Comments

  1. O oww.. I imagine how sweet your smile on the train Mbak Za. Happy Monday, May Allah l bless you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MasyaAllah Mbak Jazil, thanks for visiting this blog. Hihi. Such an unforgettable experience Mbak sayang

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts