The Same Choice

 

Taken from https://id.pinterest.com/pin/946389309183123006/

When a woman became a mother, it meant she had less time for herself. Sometimes, a woman also asked to choose two choices, first is still working, or second, being a full mom at home. Although it is stated widely that a woman should not be given some choices, but in fact, they are still asked to choose those two things, with the consequences behind.

I am a woman, a skilled master of English Language Teaching. Also, I am a woman, a wife, and a mother. I have chosen as a working home mommy since I have a baby until I met a work that qualifies my career goal. Besides, to practice and upgrade my skills, I decided to work from home. So, I am working as a translator, and also, I am teaching English for students or English proficiency preparation online today.

Well, the consequences I got were, first, I was left behind for professional career compared to my friends who started to work earlier than me. So, when they got promoted for their career, oh my God, to be honest, I am so envy for their achievement. I should have got them too. But, come back to my consequence of selecting this option, I realized that, okay, fine, I will get them for my professional career later, insyaallah, and alhamdulillah, Allah has given me that ‘impossible’ position for my career now. Second, they must have had working salary to fulfil their living. Because my work is not for some institutions, so my salary depends on my own work. However, thankfully, Allah has fulfilled our needs, every single day. So, we are not worrying for this, but the consequence I got are like them. Third, I was looked as a jobless skilled master of university student from society around me. It sometimes really annoys to realize. However, they do not know the real story of mine. So, I try to make sure that I am fine, because I have thought about this before. So, let the consequences happened.

Accordingly, what positive things I got is, I have my time with my toddler all day. So, when she is growing until three years-old today, I have tried to make some home-schooling for her, to prepare the Montessori skill she has. Hopefully, she is well prepared before coming to school, especially for basic manners. I also have ‘time’, much quality time with her. Thus, the bounding I have with her will be close. So, I plan to be super busy on my career later. This means, I have had become a good mom for her before my busy hours. Although what I give were just time and my presence, but, I know, this was what she needed for her golden age. Thus, if I were asked to choose again, I would select the same choice.

 

Comments

Popular Posts